Tonight, I am hosting the Luxury Spring 2004 launch event. Which is basically an open house at my apartment / studio, from 6-9:30 pm. The timing is nice:
- A friend pointed out last night that it's 'the thaw', a good time to open up, make art, show art, etc.
- Spring Equinox is this weekend. Eucci was particularly fond of doing seasonal online singles. (There may be one this year, but there's so much other new material to deal with).
- It's the ten year anniversary of Forgiveness, the first name for my audio art. And March of 1994 was the principal month of recording what is still one of my personal favorites out of my own collection.
- It's probably about ten years since I first started seriously trying to paint.
- It's six years to the month that I graduated my paintings to larger canvases, starting a new chain of work.
- It's five years since the infamous 1999, which was monumental for the work of the Audio ELW collective, which ultimately led to me starting Eucci.
- It's the launch of Redbox, a 2CD set of big analog noise improvisations and compositions. It's the first physical media release for Rive in a long time.
- The apartment is long overdue for a sort of house warming.
- Many of my paintings (most of which were done while I was in Virginia) have gone unseen.
With all that, it might sound like a big celebration of me. But there are a couple of works on display by the girl that will also be doing food. And I had hoped to get another friends video works shown, but didn't get ahold of him in time.
It will be interesting to see how the event turns out.
The process of setting up has made me rather interested in running a gallery.