Rive, S/S 2012
finest recordings since 1994, 2003
- rive063 aodl, Southern Muscle
A fresh rivcs 32 minute cassette. Back like we never left.
Back like it's 1999 still needing an enemy. Dread, doom, death, and fine new
wave beats? Southern Muscle has it all. Finest harsh AODL
styles spread vigorously across both sides. Never a quiet moment. Perfect
for grave rolling.
- rive062 Eucci, Lemonal
Throbbing basses, punchy kicks, dreamy
rhodes, scintillating thumb pianos, humming organs, and melted scattered
drums all contribute to this fine piece.
- rive061 aodl, Wanted Valley
Throbbing knobs and pulses, undercutting metallic shifts and screams. Analog headbang. Recorded
in preparation for and recovery from Denver Noise Fest 2011.
- rive060 Eucci, Last of the Champagne Epics
Theme of a variation for three players, two pianos, and a continental divide. All on a theme of Paganini.
- rive059 Eucci, The Mercer Installation
Finest curated performance and installation piece for what still should have been our Saturday, recorded on site for exhibition.
"The Mercer Installation" is a new public rendering of "The Mercer [rive045]" for
The KCMC Spring/Summer Collection 2011.
- rive009 Eucci, Pachyderm
Finest early days tape collage, this long out of print tape from 1994 is finally available again.
To paraphrase Milhouse, "Remember Pachyderm? It's back, in download form!" 45+ minutes of everything.
Includes songwriting tips for the mechanically inclined.
- rive058 eucci_.deadscsi_.bits;
Eucci's contributions to the gone deadscsi project from radiantslab,
done circa 2000-2003. Spectrums that will make you gasp.
- rive028 Eucci, La Mer / Storm Summer Girls (Remastered)
Eucci's tiny sounds take us to the beach - three beaches in fact - and then into the mountains for three variations on a summer storm. Rain, sun, piers, lakes, joy, and longing permutate this new 33 minute package of seasonal goodness. Refreshingly remastered to help you dream of summer 2011 and beyond.
- rive057 Eucci at the Jenifer St Western
Recorded live at and in memory of the jenifer st western hotel, jun 2000; remastered sep 2010.
Lovingly re-released to the public after a decade in luxury obscurity.
- rive056 Eucci, Ofiliasc
Finest Eucci all stripped down dance and relaxation moves.
- rive029 Eucci, Bright Lights and Cold Wet Sand [MP3,Remastered]
First release of the unofficial Eucci, Revisited series, Bright Lights and Cold Wet Sand
is now available, remastered, and in higher quality mp3 formats.
- rive055 aodl, Scab Vodka Melt
Unused tracks dragged out into the public square for a good and solid beating.
It only makes them stronger, and you won't measure up.
Exclusively for Red Light Books SLC
- rive054 The Audio ELW, Sleeper #4721 [MP3]
Up one path and down the other. Four tracks by Jeff Shell and Cybele
Roland for The Audio ELW, recorded late 1999. "Resurrection
Restraint" recombines the soundtracks for the Unusual Restraint
paintings and may be seen as a precursor to Eucci with its sparse analog
production. "Sleeper #4721" is exactly what it says it is, with
a bonus trip to the market. "A Misaligned Coil" and "A
Violent Compression" basically untouched from their appearance on the
long gone album "The Earth Shrunk On Speed".
- rive053 Eucci, LGL Winter
Another Eucci travel piece - "Finest wintertime desolation - our favorite
summertime town in winter, with summer houses empty and fields, marshes, and
water's edges smothered by snow and ice."
- rive052 Eucci, Dirty Modern Tapes, Fall 2007 [MP3]
The stylistic expansion and exploration started in Eucci's "Storm
Summer Sunhill" continues with jazz and breakcore joining a near
classical collection of analog / electro-acoustic bursts of flavor.
The heavy use of tape in recording and assembling the final product
yields a warm and gritty sound. Dirty modern indeed.
- rive-048 aodl, Tangle Strangle [MP3]
- A collection of edited bootlegs, self and audience recorded, of AODL performances between November 2004 and August 2005. Murky and phased, the dust and tequila and shady electrical system of the metal shop seem to linger around the tape and minidisc sources used.
- rive-051 Eucci, Raw Cotton [MP3]
- Remnants and fragments from 2000-2005 that never found their way into a finished product. A rare glimpse inside Eucci's production methods and studios. Low ambient noises, cut up percussion beats, scratches, series, and transformations.
- rive-050 Eucci, Table Stories [MP3]
- Installation recording of the Table Stories composition. Generative electronic music in the old style - blips, banks, horns, with musique concrete touches of the installation environment.
- rive-049 Eucci, More of the Ocean [MP3]
- Harsh and lovely minimalism featuring bowed frequencies, guitar, and percussive bursts.
- rive-047 Eucci, Catalog Life [MP3]
- Scenes from a life that inspired a summer catalog collection.
Jeff Shell's Eucci brings banjo, rhodes, aggressive leads, and more and runs it through the minimalist musique concrete tape machine, bringing a cut up and softly distorted sound to faintly recognizable objects and a touch of bluegrass.
Percussion, pops, and dusty instruments swarm around your ears like summer dreams in urban parks.
- rive-046 Eucci, tah'naer (Halo and LGL Variations) [MP3]
- Piano, prepared electric piano and tape variations of "tah'naer", a composition for piano, hospital, and typewriters by J.Shell.
tah'naer: Jeff Shell (Scream Sheet Studios, 1995)
Halo Variation: Fay Marcy (Halo Auditorium, 1999)
LGL Variation: Jeff Shell for Eucci (Eucci Pierpont 2005)
Halo + LGL Variations: Jeff Shell (Eucci Pierpont 2005)
- rive-045 Eucci, The Mercer [MP3]
- Gritty tapes paint a downtown setting. Environmental sounds, sparse electronics, organ, and piano fill out a large and empty space. The leftover feel of memory and longing mark this as one of the most haunting and intimate releases yet from Eucci.
- rive-044 aodl, Bach Spring [MP3]
- 33 Minutes. One track from two layered electroacoustic sessions. Heavy on metals. Less aggressive than typical aodl releases, but no less harsh.
- rive-043 aodl, Scratch Point [MP3]
- 28 minutes of new online aodl material, continuing in the line of harsh noise release. Razorhug is harsh and aggressive, culled from a private performance in late fall 2004. Polymeric Lodowick has a soothing and rolling quality while remaining harsh and abrasive. Originally recorded in Summer 2004 prior to Muse Pile.
- rive-042 aodl, "Sin, Salt, and Gin" [MP3]
- Autumn special 2004, taken over this season by aodl. Ten minutes. Harsh, gutteral, even lyrical? After a season of summer focused albums and singles, aodl looks back and addresses the remains, the outcomes, and new desires.
- rive-041 aodl, Bustle Harsh Country Raw [C60]
- Filled with relentless gutteral intensity. aodl's machines find new models, characters, and even a spectral cheer baby to work with and release in the energy filled and overheated West Merediths.
- rive-040 aodl, Cleavage Steamer [MP3]
- Physical contact, metals, synths, knobs, voices, bondage tape, switches. Searing highs and grumbling lows mark the waves of summer and nasty surprises left behind. High amounts of calcium and fiber.
- rive-039 aodl, Muse Pile [CDR]
- 62 minutes of shrill metals, feedback, voices, all in double live concrete format. Harsh and primal sessions from a West Merediths heat wave.
- rive-038 My TV Wife Knows Too Much [MP3]
- An hour of tape collage, filter chirps, and crunchy guitars. Six years of life in The Halo District.
- rive-037 My TV Wife's First Assault [MP3]
- Acoustic non-jazz singalongs and mayhem from 1995 in this first known occurance of My TV Wife.
- rive-036 aodl, Southbound Blanket [MP3]
- For a season of sunsets, glass, rocks, skin, and whiskey. Big noise summer fun from the hard bodies in the sun baked concrete+iron playpen known as West Meredith's.
Luxury Spring 2004
- rive-035 aodl, If You Really Love Us
- New big noise material from the Redbox year.
- rive-034 Eucci, apt. [CDR]
- Unprocessed locational recordings of leaving home.
- rive-033 Eucci, Laa 3 [CDR]
- From the Laa series of limited publications. Just over an hour of very bare electroacoustics. Slow bubbles in tepid water.
- rive-031 aodl, Pachyderm y10 [??]
- 1994 collage release Pachyderm in 10th anniversary edition, with extra work from 1999 and 2003. Also includes Tune the Bean Jam, built from the rough live recording sessions used for Redbox.
- rive-030 aodl, Redbox [2cd]
- Conspicuous Chamber Kana / Whiskey KCSE
- Double noise album combining various efforts, public and private, from 2003 and 2004, in special packaging. Includes soundtracks for the Kate Cheuffer Sleep Experiments installation, the double live concrete tapes, Marla Singer Hegemon, and more. 140 minutes.
- rive-032 aodl, Whiskey Valentines [mp3]
- Two tracks from the Redbox 2cd set available online for free. Includes Marla Singer Hegemon, written exclusively for whiskey valentines (a proud tradition of the Eucci Group).
- rive-029 Eucci, Bright Lights and Cold Wet Sand
- Heartache? Nostalgia? Unintended sessions open old tapes and ideas to this quiet feature length release where even tape hiss becomes an instrument. Featuring the North Rutherford Chamber Society (friends of the ELW and participants in Fay Marcy's Rapid Composure Series), Sackcloth and Ashes, and a reconstructed moment from the unfinished radio play sessions, Piano Rose - described by an early listener as "near the four most beautiful minutes of my life".
- rive-028 Eucci, La Mer / Storm Summer Girls
- Eucci's tiny sounds take us to the beach - three beaches in fact - and then into the mountains for three variations on a summer storm. Rain, sun, piers, lakes, joy, and longing permutate this new 33 minute package of seasonal goodness.
- rive-027B Eucci, Tied You Up, Placed in Tube
- 2nd edition, July 21 2003. Expanded to include the Scar Scar / Feed Circuit single. 18 minutes of new material and a new design have been applied to this heralded noise release.
- rive-026 ELW/EUCCI still cooler muse
- Recompiled collection of live recordings and bootlegs from 1999 and 2001.
- rive-024 Eucci & Co. gdbodycount
- All new protest and anti protest recordings from My TV Wife, ELW, and Eucci.
- rive-023 Eucci, kate cheuffer stripped bare
- Installation dumps for the Kate Cheuffer Music Conservatory, 2001-2002.
- rive-022 new york elw 1999
- The 2001 packaging of some ELW treasures.
- rive-021 Eucci, Industrie
- Second edition of long lost .tiln release.
- rive-020 Eucci, "Strawhill / UDD"
- EUCCI teams up with Fay Marcy for minimalist static bursts. EUCCI and Kate Cheuffer deliver a chilling work originally earmarked for Kate's "Projects for Prisons."
1. About, History
© 2003 - 2007 rive